If you are looking to improve your smile, then Shenandoah Family Dentistry in Winchester, VA, can help with the use of Lumineers®. Lumineers can help treat many minor cosmetic defects with your teeth, making them an excellent choice for a healthier, stronger, more attractive-looking smile.
What Are Lumineers?
Lumineers® are very thin porcelain shells that bond to your teeth, covering their visible area, similar to dental veneers. They help with various cosmetic dental issues such as:
- Gaps between teeth
- Misaligned or misshapen teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
Uneven teeth or gums
Lumineers vs. Dental Veneers
While Lumineers can help with the same issues as dental veneers, they are less invasive and do not require the dentist to alter your teeth. Dental veneers require removing a bit of a tooth’s enamel to make space for the veneer. Lumineers are so thin that this removal of enamel is not necessary.
Lumineers are more comfortable, quicker to place, and reversible if needed, making them the perfect choice for Shenandoah Family Dentistry patients. Other benefits of Lumineers include:
- Long-lasting: Lumineers® can last over 20 years
- Less invasive: Lunineers® requires no drilling or removal of tooth enamel
- Flexible: Lumineers® are installed one at a time and only on the teeth that need them
- Beautiful: Lumineers® provide you with a beautiful, white smile
- Reversible: Shenandoah Family Dentistry can easily remove Lumineers® if the need arises
- Painless: The installation and wearing of Lumineers® is free of pain and discomfort
- Durable: Though thinner than porcelain veneers, Lumineers® are Cerinate® porcelain, which is stronger and less likely to chip or crack
During your first visit to Shenandoah Family Dentistry, the dentist will take X-rays and bite impressions to determine how your teeth fit together. They also perform a full oral exam to check for any tooth decay or gum disease. After the dentist chooses the perfect color to match your teeth, your impressions head to the lab.
On your second visit to our office, the dentist will bond the Lumineers® to your teeth using a unique bonding substance. After a quick cleaning and polishing of your teeth, the dentist will remove the Lumineers from their holders, and you can leave the office with a beautiful, healthy smile.
Once you are home, you should eat a soft diet for 24-48 hours and continue to brush and floss like you normally would.
A Healthier, Beautiful Smile with Lumineers
If you think Lumineers® might be right for you, then contact Shenandoah Family Dentistry today. We proudly serve Winchester, VA, and its surrounding areas in a comfortable, 5-star environment. Here you will find heated massaging dental chairs, noise-canceling headphones, and complimentary beverages.
Our highly trained staff is ready to answer all your questions, and our dentists can help you make the right choice for you and your oral health. Give us a call today at (540) 667-8731, or schedule a virtual consultation online.